Tuesday 5 April 2011

Only 5 Sleeps Left!!!

Sorting out homework, going to school, packing (not really, just mums been nagging me to :P) and netball. It's a lot to fit into a week but after that its about to heat up.

So there's 5 nights to go.
Heres what everyone is feeling at the moment:
Mum: Excited, little bit of nerves but mostly excitement. She just wants to get there!
Dad: Looking forward to it but he's got lots to do. Also trying to become our resident italiano expertio. :P (C'e qualcuno che parla inglese????)
Ben: Excited, and he's going to see those little funny hat persons!!!! (Don't ask. I've got no idea what he's on about!)
Joel: He's looking forward to seeing the mona lisa. He is also looking forward to getting away from school and watching tons of movies/TV shows on the way over there. (He will get bored. He says he won't but i know he will)
Me: Excited!!! Looking forward to everything :) Also I like airports (yes I know, weird and random) so I'm looking forward to the Airports....

The culture is probably one of the things that is most exciting me. Just seeing the way the italians live, the french lifestyle, the english way of life and the everyday dutch. I'm interested to see if it's like we think it is. I mean, some people think Aussies are Kangaroo riding, slang using and have "snags" on the "barbie" every night for diner. But we all now that is not the case. Emus are faster, slang is cool but a bit over the top and its too cold anytime other than summer to have a "Barbie"
It will also be weird with the opposite seasons. We leave here in Autumn and arrive their in Spring.

There will be so many different and exciting things. I'm getting slightly impatient now. I'm kind of like a little kid waiting for christmas:
There's 5 sleeps left..... not that I'm counting or anything
Emma xxxxx
PS In a week I will be in Rome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Em,
    You know, there is a way of ensuring everytime you blog that it is fed onto your facebook friends. You can also get you family and anyone else who wants to follow to get your messages by email. Check out the follow by email app.

    Looking good so far. Can't wait for some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I'm going to put pics up of the actual trip though because that is the interesting bit!

    ReplyDelete