Saturday 2 April 2011

7 Days and Counting!

So it's 7 days until we leave and I reckon i can predict what all my family will be doing at this time in a week. Mum will be trying to get ready and completely flipping out (it won't be until we are actually on the plane until she starts to calm down). Joel will be off in a corner reading his book or playing on his ipod. Ben will be playing with a toy, annoying someone or just generally getting in everyones way. Dad will be trying to finish the packing, calm mum down and calm himself down all at the same time. Me, well that's the hardest I reckon. I'm really excited and quite nervous at the same time. I think it's likely that I'll be doing some last minute homework or just trying to chill out. Maybe I'll be outside, shooting some last minute goals (I know I'm going to have to work hard on my shooting technique when we get back). Whatever I'm doing I think I'll have a funny feeling in my stomach, a mixture of excitement and nerves. At the moment I'm not really feel that. Mum has been stressing out for the last month but really all I want to do is jump on that plane with some clothes and a toothbrush in my bag and have an adventure.


I'm really looking forward to all the parts of the trip. We're flying in to rome and the ancient romans had a culture that I admire. They made so many advancements in technology that we really have them to thank for the way we live now.
Next we go up to Florence and Venice. To of the most beautiful cities in Italy. Especially Venice where you can get around via boats!!
After that we go up into Paris. I'm looking forward to the chance to test out my french skills, see the beautiful art and buildings and go to EuroDisney :).
Next is a train under the sea to England and the city of London. I'm looking forward to seeing some plays/musicals and visiting some iconic locations. We are also heading up to Cambridge Shire and Birmingham to stay with relatives and dads work colleges. When we are staying with mums relatives, the royal wedding will be happening in London and we have been invited to a street party to celebrate the wedding. It will be very interesting to see the reaction and the excitement of the english people.
The last leg of our Europe tour (we do have a night in Dubai on the way back) is the Netherlands. We will taking a boat from London to Amsterdam and then participating in a 2 week bike research tour of the Netherlands (hopefully this will mean I'm reasonably fit for netball when I get back). This tour will be an entirely new experience for me as we will be on bikes for 2 weeks and I've only ever done rides around Melbourne (and sometimes on the peninsula or up near Wangaratta). I'm looking forward to the different Dutch culture and just generally the experience of being there!


Well, we shall know what is in store for us soon enough.
I will write again soon :)
Emma xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment