Friday 6 May 2011

Tales From England

So, I haven’t blogged in a while-sorry! Well I dunno how long it’s been but we’ve done a whole heap of stuff so it probably seems like a lot longer than it actually is.

When I last blogged, we were in Pelsall but since then we’ve had 1 night in St Neots and now this will be our 3rd night here under the bright lights of London.

Fast Fact!! There are more people living in London than there is in the whole of Australia!!

Other stuff we did in Pelsall. Well, we visited 2 castles: Tamworth and Warwick (You don’t pronounce the 2nd w) Tamworth was smaller but nice and Warwick truly was an entire day out (it was a 20 minute walk from the parking block). It was a fun day though. We also stayed an extra night because we couldn’t get tickets for the train on the right day. Graham took Dad, Joel and I went to see the Walsall Saddlers play (Graham managed to talk our way through the corporate section!). We arrived at half time and they were 1-nil up and they went on to kick another goal in the time we were there. It was a good experience but the crowds kept yelling at random things that I was like “WHY ARE THEY YELLING?” and dad was like “I DON’T KNOW!”.

We ended up only having one night in St Neots with Gareth and Lyn but their house was lovely and all of us wished we had another night or 2 there! We went into Cambridge and went punting on the river Cam (and saw all the Colleges and Unis).  We also had English fish and chips (served Italian style-too much for 1 sitting but you still eat it all because it tastes good)

We caught the train down to London and have been here for the last few days. So far we have visited Ripley’s Believe it or Not (some I believed, some I notted), Buckingham Palace (da queen is in da house), Tower of London and the Royal Jewels (ooooo-sparkly!!!), Tower Bridge and also seen ‘Wicked’ (we are also hoping to see ‘Lion King’ and ‘We Will Rock You’). There is still so much more to be seen!!

I was also thinking about what my expectations were of all the places we’ve been to. I can’t say I really thought about it before hand but one of the things I’ve noticed in all my travels throughout my life, is that each place has a kind of unique ‘vibe’ to it. The vibe in all the cities has been great and it’s hardly anything like you might seen in a film or on TV (mind you, we had to explain to some of the neighbours at Pelsall that Aussies don’t work a few hours a week, go have a surf in the arvos or ride kangaroos like you might see in films and TV from Australia!) London is also a tad bigger than I expected. The streets are wider and I guess I kinda expected stand still traffic all day but I guess not...

Other things we’re hoping to do in London:

Joel’s very keen on Lourds and both the boys want to go to LegoLand. I wouldn’t mind going to Madame Tuassades and seeing some more shows. I don’t think dad minds much and mum wants to see all the sights but is trying to take it day by day. Also, little Ben is very keen on visiting Big Ben-something we haven’t got round to yet.

Well that’s it for now. I’ll put this up later because we’ve got limited internet connection here and we want to spend our time doing stuff.

Love to you all!!

Emma xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment